Cameron Village is starting 2020 by giving back after an exciting holiday season. This historic shopping destination is awarding five deserving charities nominated by our shoppers during the “Season of Wishes” campaign. Anyone could nominate charities they felt deserved $1,000 from Cameron Village. Throughout November and December, shoppers filled out cards nominating the charity that means most to them and dropped it off in one of ten designated mailboxes along the sidewalks of our stores.
After careful consideration of the nominees, Cameron Village staff and management chose five local and national nonprofit organizations to each receive $1,000.
- United Arts Council– The United Arts Council of Raleigh & Wake County builds better communities through support and advocacy of the arts with the motto “We Make Art Happen.”
- Susan G Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast-The mission of Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in a 29 county region of North Carolina.
- St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital– St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, TN works to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. No child is denied treatment based on their ability to pay.
- SPCA Wake County- SPCA of Wake County is the Triangle’s largest no-kill, limited-admission shelter. Transforming the lives of pets & people through protection, care, education, and adoption.
- Methodist Home for Children- The Methodist Home for Children, based in Raleigh, provides safe, stable homes where children can thrive and live to their full, God-given potential in homes across North Carolina.
Now in its second year, the “Season of Wishes” campaign has awarded a total of $10,000 to deserving charities. Cameron Village Merchants’ Association Executive Director Pat Boyle says giving back is the best way to start a new year, “Each year it is our honor to award five organizations as part of our ‘Season of Wishes.’ One of the best parts of this campaign is that it is our shoppers who recommend charities that mean the most to them. We are so grateful for another fantastic holiday shopping season and we want to extend our gratitude into the new year.”