When it comes to shopping venues, the Village District Merchants’ Association is a unique organization that exists almost nowhere else. Independent, merchant-run, merchant-directed, and merchant-funded, it is a powerful entity that helps shape the direction and shopping experience at Village District.
Comprised of all merchants and led by a volunteer board of elected directors, our Merchants’ Association is invested in the community of customers and merchants. We ensure all customers have the best shopping experience possible.
We help guide and advance the growth of Village District sales and the overall marketing, events, and public relations of the center—while staying true to the mission and four foundations of the Village District.
What We Do
In addition to the elected board, we have two full-time staff members, Pat Boyle and Abby Wilkerson, who work closely with the board. They are dedicated to the merchants’ association mission and activities on a daily basis.
- Village-Wide Events
- Plan, promote, and host village-wide events. For example: the Holiday Open House, fashion shows, Sunday charitable road races, gift with purchase events, charitable tie-ins, etc.
- Public Relations
- Bring additional revenue builders to the village, in addition to promoting positive Village District experiences and special events.
- Maintain a vibrant online property that mirrors the in-person experience and physical beauty of the village—one that acquires a consistently high level of traffic and helps customers find the stores that can best serve them.
- Social Media
- Reach and interact with our audience through Facebook and Instagram.
- Email Newsletter
- Share a weekly newsletter to over 8,000 Village District shoppers highlighting store events and feature content—encouraging them to visit the active and vibrant community.
- Craft opportunities for others to share in the benefits of reaching the Village District audience.
- Feature Content
- Produce interesting and robust content featuring merchants, events, and the overall community of the Village District.