In North Carolina, we are just a couple hours away from some of the most beautiful and fun beaches in the United States. You can make a perfect trip to the beach almost effortless when you have the perfect beach bag packed and ready to go at a moment’s notice.
This week we are going to show you some great items for your perfect, ready-to-go beach bag! We’ve divided the bags into two sections so that you can find the right fit for your beach style.
The first bag focuses on Fun in the Sun! The beach can make anyone feel like a kid again so gather up these goodies, play in the sand and soak up the sun!
The second is for you Dignified Day Trippers who know the best beach trip is one that provides you with much needed relaxation.
Whatever your style, you can find each and every one of these items right in Cameron Village! So, check them out, mix & match and get ready to put together your best beach bag ever!
1. Does it get any cuter than these totally adorable totes from Moon and Lola? Whether your style is “Beach Please” or Watermelon Whimsy, you’ll be psyched to make it to the beach more often, if only to be able to show off your bag!
2. Put the emphasis in ‘Fun’ with these great beach-day games and activities that you can find at Great Outdoor Provision Co. While you’re there, pick up a new Yeti Tumbler to keep your favorite drink cool all afternoon.
3. lori + lulu is stocked with cute, breezy sundresses. This multicolor tassel beauty will take you from beach to brunch and looks great all day.
4. You know those barefoot at the beach Instagram posts? Those must be from people who don’t have the kind of sandals that beg to be shown off like these AGS Friendship sandals from Mod Mule. With handwoven colorful fabric and a pom pom toe loop, you’ll smile and want to take a picture every time you look down.
5. No beach bag is complete without stunning shades. Audrey Hepburn meets Pink in these gorgeous sunglasses from Charlotte’s. The slight wingtip adds a classic feel to the edgy square frame that provides protection and style.
*Don’t forget the sunscreen!
1. Form, function and beauty, it’s all we can ask for from a product! Nothing provides all three more than this Turkish T Beach Candy Towel that you can find at Opulence of Southern Pines. The editors of Garden & Gun recognized this genius design and used it as the centerpiece of the summer 2013 cover. Get yours and feel like the ultimate southern covergirl.
2. Do you know the best thing about buying your next beach read at Bargain Box? You are getting a great deal, supporting a great cause, and it’d be no big deal to pay it forward and leave it behind at your rental for the next beach-goer. OK, that was three things. But all the more reason to get your beach-read at the BB!
3. Mori Luggage & Gifts has a great selection of items to keep your electronics working. Whether you want the perfect beach selfie or are ‘working from home,’ these full-function waterproof pouches will keep your smartphone safe.
4. Every Dignified Day Tripper knows that a big, fun, floppy hat it a must-have! Check out these incredibly cute options at Ivy & Leo.
5. Palm Avenue, need we say more? The sun is lovely, but dignified day trippers know that sun protection is beautiful too. Palm Avenue has a great assortment of SPF tops and cover-ups that will keep you cool and your skin safe. While you’re there, check out all sorts of fun hostess gifts and accessories to add the perfect touch to your tote, like these Meet Me at the Beach tumblers.
6. Every bag, from dignified to fun and everywhere in between needs to have one non-negotiable item, Sunscreen! Whatever your preference, from brand to SPF level, tinted to regular, spray to cream, look no further than the Rite Aid. The full service pharmacy can be your last stop to fill your bag with sun protections, snacks and a bottle of water.